- Fragrant smokiness seems to waft against an oily, earthy, background; some seaweedand sherry..
- Well balanced in a complexity of sweet spicy flavors of clover honey and stewed fruits
- Immense flavor development, rasiny, spicy, gingery
- Fresh and crisp, flowery and gingery with a touch of mandarin
- Sweet with hints of peaches and smoke
Longrow is a hard to find single malt from the Campbeltown region. Some suggest it has reached cult status. Longrow is double distilled from heavily peated malt. The whisky itself is restrained but full of flavor.
- Firm, a touch of iron, leafy, ferny, peaty; earthy sweetness; flavors are very singular and not yet melded; a fresh young whisky but no obvious spiritiness
- Sherrish, smoky, peaty, sappy, some fruitiness, assertive
- Butter and cream with a strong citrus presence, pencil shavings and nutmeg. Needs no water
- Deep, rich and mouth-coating, tingly, tangy, chewy with spices, toasted oak, honey and lemon, and soft vanilla
- Lively, fruity, distinctive gorse, fresh lime, then peppery seaweed
Powered by Max Banner Ads