Benromach is a Speyside distillery located near the Scottish town of Forres, and it has been in operation since 1898. Between 1898 and 1983, the distillery went through several owners but closed in 1983. However, in 1993, Gordon and Macphail took over the site, and by 1998, Benromach was reopened by Prince Charles of Wales. New malts began being produced in 2004.
Benromach uses one wash and one spirit when making its single malt. The folks at Benromach use one stainless steel mash tun, which is capable of holding 1.5 tons of mash. Currently, the Benromach distillery is capable of producing between 150,000 and 250,000 liters of cask-strength whisky each year.
The Benromach Distillery has a variety of products they sell, ranging from traditional malt whiskys to cask strength whiskys dating back to 1980, as well as a classic whisky that is aged 55 years. The traditional single malt is 40% ABV, and has been described as having floral and grassy notes when tasted, as well as a nutty, sweet, and smoky nose. Its finish has been described as buttery and spicy, with hints of hedgerow berries and heather.